Keep people safe, and business moving
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic, LeasePlan is acting to protect the health and wellbeing of our people, while continuing to provide service to our customers.
With Federal and State governments introducing various restrictions on business and personal travel, there will be impacts on you and your business, as well as our business and our suppliers' businesses.
LeasePlan will keep you moving as best we can as we navigate this global crisis.
Repairs and maintenance
While our national supplier network is resuming activites as lockdown measures ease in many parts of the country, in Victoria new, tighter restrictions are in place.
In response to rising COVID-19 infection rates, Victoria has moved to Stage 4 restrictions for metro Melbourne and Stage 3 restrictions for regional areas.
For those in metropolitan Melbourne, this means our supplier partners will only be able to provide support to a permitted service or industry or where required to maintain the health and safety of Victorians at home or work. And most - if they remain open - will operate with ‘skeleton staff’.
LeasePlan's advice to clients in Victoria is to delay or avoid non-critical servicing or repairs. If it doesn't impact the safety of the vehicle, it will have to wait.
If you require a critical service or repair in metropolitan Melbourne:
- Call ahead to confirm availability of service.
- Follow any advice from the supplier regarding their COVID Safe Plan and ‘contactless’ transactions.
- Adhere to the 5km radius restriction and only visit suppliers within 5km of your residence. If there is no supplier within 5km, visit the next closest outlet.
Vehicle service updates
We are in continued discussions with our supplier network and will post all updates regarding restrictions to service for Victorian metro customers here:
- New vehicle suppliers: Dealerships will essentially be ‘closed’ to the public for sale of new vehicles or parts. Dealers can still supply vehicles to essential services, in accordance with a COVID Safe Plan. Contact LeasePlan for assistance with any new vehicle deliveries scheduled during the Stage 4 lockdown period.
- Tyres: Outlets are operating to support essential safety requirements, and with limited staff and capacity. If tyres are required for vehicle safety, find you nearest outlet and be sure to book in advance.
- Glass: Mobile glass replacement services are operating to support essential safety requirements. If you require glass for vehicle safety, contact your nearest supplier.
- Roadside assistance: This service will continue for essential safety requirements for Victorians on the road.
- Accident management service: LeasePlan’s accident claims management service will continue for any accidents that occur during the lockdown period; however, vehicle repairs may be delayed due to restrictions on panel and repair outlets.
- Fuel: No interruption
- End of lease vehicle returns: LeasePlan’s remarketing partner, Pickles, will be able to receive vehicle deliveries from transporters only - no customers allowed onsite. If you have a vehicle to return, please contact us to arrange collection. Online auctions will continue.
- Rentals / Hire cars: Rental vehicle services will be available for essential workers only.
Health and safety – supplier network
When providing any vehicle servicing, new vehicle deliveries or any type of client interactions, we expect all LeasePlan suppliers will follow the advice from Government and health authorities and help stop the spread.
For example, adopting high-level hygiene and safety protocols to provide clean, safe, contactless transactions as much as possible, and observing social distancing recommendations. Also, providing clear communications to staff and clients about adhering to these protocols.
- Use of disposable nitrile gloves when handling client vehicles
- Disinfecting all parts of the vehicle (interior and exterior) before and after service
- Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser
- Avoiding handshakes and physical contact
- Observing the minimum 1.5 metre social distancing guide
- Regularly disinfecting shared surfaces or objects (reception desks, hand rails and door handles)
Continuity of service
LeasePlan took the precautionary step of moving our staff to work from home (WFH) on 16 March. These arrangements will continue for now, and under this arrangement we have proven to be able to maintain a consistent level of service.
Our return to office planning is underway to ensure we are providing a safe environment for our staff, suppliers and customers, and that we are prepared for any possible change in circumstances.
We will be taking a measured, cautious approach to ensure we are operating safely, and providing strong continuity of service.
Health and safety - LeasePlan
This 'work-from-home' change is in addition to other preventative measures we have taken to protect the health and wellbeing of our people. These include (but are not limited to):
- Regular employee communications to keep our people safe, informed and prepared
- Global and domestic airline travel ban for business purposes
- Quarantine procedures invoked for any employee returning from an international location, presenting with symptoms, reporting contact with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Suspension of office visits to or from clients and suppliers
- Replacing face-to-face meetings with virtual meeting options
- Ban on attendance at any public events / gatherings
- Adherence to Government directives (Federal and Local)