Keep people safe, and business moving
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic, LeasePlan is acting to protect the health and wellbeing of our people, while continuing to provide service to our customers.
With Federal and State governments introducing various restrictions on business and personal travel, there may be impacts on you and your business, as well as our business and our suppliers' businesses.
For our supplier partners, these impacts may include limits on the capacity to provide normal services; application of necessary COVID Safe guidelines on contactless transactions and minimum numbers of customers on site; and delays or unavailability of parts due to domestic and international disruptions to supply chains.
LeasePlan will keep you moving as best we can as we navigate this global crisis.
Repairs and maintenance
While our national supplier network is operating in 'COVID normal' ways in many parts of the country, in Victoria, some tighter restrictions remain in place.
Victoria has restrictions in place as part of its roadmap to reopen that vary for metro Melbourne and for regional areas.
LeasePlan's advice to clients in metro Melbourne is to delay or avoid non-critical servicing or repairs. If it doesn't impact the safety of the vehicle, it will have to wait. If your most recent scheduled service is missed due to lockdown, book in as soon as you can once restrictions are lifted and LeasePlan will work with our supplier partners to make sure any unavoidable delays have no impact on the vehicle's warranty.
If you require a critical service or repair in metropolitan Melbourne:
- Call ahead to confirm availability of service.
- Follow any advice from the supplier regarding their COVID Safe Plan and ‘contactless’ transactions.
- Adhere to the 25km radius restriction and only visit suppliers within 25km of your residence. If there is no supplier within 25km, visit the next closest outlet.
Vehicle service updates
We are in continued discussions with our supplier network and will post all updates regarding restrictions to service for Victorian metro customers here:
- New vehicle suppliers: Dealerships will essentially be ‘closed’ to the public for sale of new vehicles or parts. Dealers can still supply vehicles to essential services, in accordance with a COVID Safe Plan. Contact LeasePlan for assistance with any new vehicle deliveries scheduled during the lockdown period.
- Tyres: Outlets are operating to support essential safety requirements, and with limited staff and capacity. If tyres are required for vehicle safety, find you nearest outlet and be sure to book in advance.
- Glass: Mobile glass replacement services are operating to support essential safety requirements. If you require glass for vehicle safety, contact your nearest supplier.
- Roadside assistance: This service will continue for essential safety requirements for Victorians on the road.
- Accident management service: LeasePlan’s accident claims management service will continue for any accidents that occur during the lockdown period; however, vehicle repairs may be delayed due to restrictions on panel and repair outlets.
- Fuel: No interruption
- End of lease vehicle returns: LeasePlan’s remarketing partner, Pickles, will be able to receive vehicle deliveries from transporters only - no customers allowed onsite. If you have a vehicle to return, please contact us to arrange collection. Online auctions will continue.
- Rentals / Hire cars: Rental vehicle services will be available for essential workers only.
Health and safety – supplier network
When providing any vehicle servicing, new vehicle deliveries or any type of client interactions, we expect all LeasePlan suppliers will follow the advice from Government and health authorities and help stop the spread.
For example, adopting high-level hygiene and safety protocols to provide clean, safe, contactless transactions as much as possible, and observing social distancing recommendations. Also, providing clear communications to staff and clients about adhering to these protocols.
- Use of disposable nitrile gloves when handling client vehicles
- Disinfecting all parts of the vehicle (interior and exterior) before and after service
- Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser
- Avoiding handshakes and physical contact
- Observing the minimum 1.5 metre social distancing guide
- Regularly disinfecting shared surfaces or objects (reception desks, hand rails and door handles)
Continuity of service
LeasePlan took the precautionary step of moving our staff to work from home (WFH) on 16 March. Since September we have gradually re-opened our offices in a COVID-safe way in all states except Victoria.
Under these changing, mixed home/office arrangements we have proven to be able to maintain a consistent level of service.
Our careful return to office planning will ensure we are providing a safe environment for our staff, suppliers and customers, and that we are prepared for any possible change in circumstances.
Health and safety - LeasePlan
Other preventative measures we have taken to protect the health and wellbeing of our people include (but are not limited to):
- Regular employee communications to keep our people safe, informed and prepared
- Global and domestic airline travel ban for business purposes
- Quarantine procedures invoked for any employee returning from an international location, presenting with symptoms, reporting contact with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Suspension of office visits to or from clients and suppliers
- Replacing face-to-face meetings with virtual meeting options where possible
- Limiting work-related attendance at any public events / gatherings
- Adherence to Government directives (Federal and Local)