Keep people safe, and business moving
Since the beginning of the coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic, LeasePlan has acted to protect the health and wellbeing of our people, while continuing to provide service to our customers.
In Australia, we are fortunate to be operating in an almost normal way at the moment, albeit a 'new-normal'. But we must remember that COVID is not gone and we all have a role to play to stay lucky.
For our supplier partners, the 'new-normal' means applying COVID Safe principles when providing services to you.
LeasePlan will keep you moving as best we can as we navigate this global crisis together.
Repairs and maintenance
When engaging our national supplier network for vehicle services, please support their COVID Safe guidelines.
- Call ahead to confirm availability and make a booking.
- Follow any advice from the supplier regarding their COVID Safe Plan and ‘contactless’ transactions.
- Depending on time and place, this may include use of face masks, physical distancing, hand and vehicle hygiene, agreeing to records of attendance.
Vehicle supply and services
If you are looking for new vehicles, or services to existing vehicles, please be aware that there may be some impacts on service, including:
- Delays on new vehicle deliveries: Imports of new cars have been disrupted, so there may be delays on new car orders. Please check with LeasePlan on stock availability and possible wait times.
- Be prepared to wait for an appointment: As dealerships manage demand challenges, there may be some delay before you can secure a booking. Please be patient.
- Supply issues with some parts: With global and domestic supply chain disruptions, there may be delays on access to parts required for some repairs or services.
- Help with urgent repairs or safety issues: If you are having difficulty finding a supplier to help you with urgent repairs or faults, please contact LeasePlan for assistance.
Health and safety – supplier network
When providing any vehicle servicing, new vehicle deliveries or any type of client interactions, we expect all LeasePlan suppliers will follow the advice from Government and health authorities and help stop the spread.
For example, adopting high-level hygiene and safety protocols to provide clean, safe, contactless transactions as much as possible, and observing social distancing recommendations. Also, providing clear communications to staff and clients about adhering to these protocols.
- Use of disposable nitrile gloves when handling client vehicles.
- Disinfecting all parts of the vehicle (interior and exterior) before and after service.
- Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser.
- Avoiding handshakes and physical contact.
- Observing the minimum 1.5 metre social distancing guide.
- Regularly disinfecting shared surfaces or objects (reception desks, hand rails and door handles).
Continuity of service
LeasePlan took the precautionary step of moving our staff to work from home (WFH) from March 2020. Since September 2020 we have re-opened our offices in a COVID-safe way while retaining a mix of WFH for employee flexibility.
Under these changing, mixed home/office arrangements we have proven to be able to maintain a consistent level of service.
Our careful return to office planning ensures we are providing a safe environment for our staff, suppliers and customers, and that we are prepared for any possible change in circumstances.