Keep people safe, and business moving
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) global pandemic, LeasePlan is acting to protect the health and wellbeing of our people, while continuing to provide service to our customers.
For our supplier partners, the 'new-normal' will involve COVID Safe principles when providing services to you.
LeasePlan will keep you moving as best we can as we navigate this global crisis together.
Repairs and maintenance
When engaging our national supplier network for vehicle services, please support their COVID Safe guidelines.
- Call ahead to confirm availability and make a booking.
- Follow any advice from the supplier regarding their COVID Safe Plan and ‘contactless’ transactions.
- This may include use of face masks, physical distancing, hand and vehicle hygiene, agreeing to records of attendance.
Vehicle service updates
After the easing of restrictions to service for Victorian metro customers, we are pleased to say that all of our national supplier network is open for business in the new 'COVID-normal' way. Please be aware there may still be some impacts on service, including:
- Be prepared to wait for an appointment: As dealerships build up to full capacity, there may be some delay before you can secure a booking. Please be patient.
- Supply issues with some parts: With global and domestic supply chain disruptions, there may be delays on access to parts required for some repairs or services.
- Delays on new vehicle deliveries: Imports of new cars has slowed, so there may be delays on some new cars you order. Please check with LeasePlan on stock availability and possible wait times.
- Help with urgent repairs or safety issues: If you are having difficulty finding a supplier to help you with urgent repairs or faults, please contact LeasePlan for assistance.
Health and safety – supplier network
When providing any vehicle servicing, new vehicle deliveries or any type of client interactions, we expect all LeasePlan suppliers will follow the advice from Government and health authorities and help stop the spread.
For example, adopting high-level hygiene and safety protocols to provide clean, safe, contactless transactions as much as possible, and observing social distancing recommendations. Also, providing clear communications to staff and clients about adhering to these protocols.
- Use of disposable nitrile gloves when handling client vehicles.
- Disinfecting all parts of the vehicle (interior and exterior) before and after service.
- Regular hand washing and use of hand sanitiser.
- Avoiding handshakes and physical contact.
- Observing the minimum 1.5 metre social distancing guide.
- Regularly disinfecting shared surfaces or objects (reception desks, hand rails and door handles).
Continuity of service
LeasePlan took the precautionary step of moving our staff to work from home (WFH) on 16 March. Since September we have gradually re-opened our offices in a COVID-safe way in all states except Victoria.
Under these changing, mixed home/office arrangements we have proven to be able to maintain a consistent level of service.
Our careful return to office planning will ensure we are providing a safe environment for our staff, suppliers and customers, and that we are prepared for any possible change in circumstances.
Health and safety - LeasePlan
Other preventative measures we have taken to protect the health and wellbeing of our people include (but are not limited to):
- Regular employee communications to keep our people safe, informed and prepared
- Global and domestic airline travel ban for business purposes
- Quarantine procedures invoked for any employee returning from an international location, presenting with symptoms, reporting contact with someone who has or is suspected of having COVID-19
- Suspension of office visits to or from clients and suppliers
- Replacing face-to-face meetings with virtual meeting options where possible
- Limiting work-related attendance at any public events / gatherings
- Adherence to Government directives (Federal and Local)