LeasePlan collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information, including credit related personal information, where it is reasonably necessary for the purposes of:
• providing fleet management services to you or your employer;
• conducting necessary fleet management operations and activities, including fleet reporting;
• processing an application made by you;
• identification purposes;
• evaluating and monitoring your credit worthiness, including through internal credit scoring;
• servicing your customer account, responding to queries by you or your employer and maintaining a relationship with you;
• ensuring your vehicle is appropriately fitted and/or modified to suit any health or physical needs;
• assisting your employer to comply with its work health and safety obligations;
• conducting market research and/or customer satisfaction research;
• facilitating and processing payments relating to you;
• processing and administering, on behalf of your employer, an application for any salary sacrificing arrangement whether in connection with a novated lease arrangement or other employee benefit;
• facilitating appropriate insurance cover and assessing, processing and investigating insurance risks and/or claims relating to you;
• accounting, billing, record keeping, systems development testing, staff training and other internal administrative purposes;
• identification, prevention and investigation of, and/or co-operation with relevant law enforcement bodies in relation to any criminal or fraudulent activity relating to you;
• developing, establishing and administering business partnerships and other arrangements with other entities in relation to the promotion, administration and use of LeasePlan’s products and services;
• using processes including market surveys and strategies and customer analytics to improve the development of LeasePlan’s products and services;
• identifying and informing you of products and services that may be of interest to you from LeasePlan or selected third parties;
• assessing your application for employment with LeasePlan or otherwise for the purposes of engaging you as a contractor or consultant;
• any other legal or regulatory compliance requirements of LeasePlan.
LeasePlan may also use your personal information for purposes related to the above and for which you would reasonably expect LeasePlan to do so in the circumstances, or where you have consented or the use is otherwise in accordance with law.
Where personal information is used or disclosed, LeasePlan takes steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure it is relevant to the purpose for which it is to be used or disclosed. You are under no obligation to provide your personal information to LeasePlan. However, without certain information from you, LeasePlan may not be able to provide its products and/or services to you or your employer.